Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Are You Ready?

Hero or Devil? (23 minutes)

We had big plans for a Bay visit today but the weather soon put the kibosh on that! It rained all day and it was quite chilly.

Adoring Husband and I did a decent shop at the local supermarket instead..

It was suddenly lunch time so I used the remaining salmon mix and cooked up some more patties to serve with salad.

BGWLBH drove to Howard to purchase lotto tickets and I moved to the art space and added to my painting …

Still LOTS more to do yet but I am enjoying the process. Very therapeutic!

I watched the quiz shows and cooked Duck with berry chilly jus served with roasted pumpkin and baby spinach salad and pine nuts. It was delicious. Dessert was fruit whip.

We watched the final of Big Brother and I was very happy to see Reggie win. We then watched the recorded MasterChef finale and I was very happy to see Billie win! 

What an enjoyable night.

Today I received my order of 48 rolls of bamboo toilet paper from “Who Gives a Crap”. The way the news is headed, I fear another lockdown soon. They have already locked down a couple of nursing homes.

Between Covid 19, this Winter’s flu, lung infections, Monkeypox, Foot and Mouth Disease, overwhelmed hospitals and now mentions of Marburg Virus, it’s highly likely that they are heading towards more lockdowns.

With food shortages, increasing fuel prices (I’ve heard from a wholesale supplier that $5 litre is likely), prescription limits due to a shortage of ingredients, interest rates rising rapidly, rising power costs and so much more I could mention … we need to be prepared.

I think we are well set up for any situations that may arise.

It’s now almost midnight so I’m outta here.



Nite all.

No comments: