Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Not Forgotten

You’ll need over 3 hours for this one!! AMPS Medico Legal Summit 2022 

Well, as usual, Kyrgios imploded and lost himself a Wimbledon final. He is full of self sabotage and needs to get himself some help. He has the potential to be a tennis great because his game is top notch when his emotions are not getting the better of him.

It was about 3am when I got to sleep and 4am when not so psychotic dog woke me with her shrieking because she needed to pee! Ugh!

I was out of bed at 9.30am drinking warm lemon water with BGWLBH at the games table.

My plan for dinner was salmon patties, so I put the potatoes and sweet potatoes on to cook so that they’d be cold by evening.

I made bacon and eggs for lunch.

I got my art on and added to my underwater reef.

I watched my quiz shows until I received a call from Vegan Chickie telling me about the passing of my first father-in-law, Grandpa Jim. I realised I’d had a missed call from Bubbles who was calling for the same reason.

Grandpa Jim lived a good long 93 years of life. He had a massive heart attack when I was pregnant with Vegan Chickie, so the fact that he lived another 42 years is a huge bonus that we never expected. Thanks to his loving wife Grannymus and a radical diet and lifestyle change, he got to meet and form relationships with 11 grandchildren and I think 4 great grandchildren. He began his work life on the railway but became a highly respected and dedicated Canon with the Anglican Church for many decades. Sadly, in the end, he was diagnosed with dementia and even though his passing is so sad for so many, he is in a better place now. 

Thinking of you with much love at this time Grannymus.

I’ve spoken to my kids today who are all feeling his loss, especially Number One Son who declared that Grandpa Jim was his favourite person in the world.

Now it’s time for me to sleep. It’s been a long emotional day.

Nite all.

No comments: