Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Remembering


 REMEMBER HER?

Somewhere inside of you,there’s a little firecracker with her arms folded and a frown on her face.

She isn’t happy about all the times you said no when you wanted to say yes.

All the times you said yes when you wanted to say no.

She wanted you to buy the ticket.

She wanted you to take that trip.

She definitely wanted you to take that risk, 

the one that may have just opened a whole new world.

She wants you to remember what it feels like to run to the sea without a care in the world and splash and laugh till you ache. To face the day without a fear in your heart and embrace every opportunity that comes.

She doesn’t understand why you won’t wear the bikini.

She doesn’t understand why you won’t eat the cake.

She doesn’t understand why you don’t let it go.

She definitely doesn’t understand why you accept second best.

Somewhere inside there is a little girl who wonders at the adult you’ve become..

She still has many things she wants to learn and so many people still to meet.

She still has food she’d like to taste and parties she wants to dance at.

She still has places she wants to visit and wonders she wants to stare at.

Somewhere inside you, there is a little firecracker, desperate to see more of this thing we call life.

Go get her, she’s fun.

Donna Ashworth

From ‘to the women’

Art by Lisa Aisato


I am feeling absolutely done in. Not an ounce of energy to play with.

I am in bed with State of Origin on the telly but I think I will be sound asleep before half time.

Apart from an enjoyable catch up with my art girls this morning, nothing of interest happened today.

So signing off with pics from the park this morning …


And a couple memes …



Nite all.

No comments: