Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 15, 2022

Cold Mornings

These cold mornings are doing me in.

It’s perfect sleeping weather snuggling under the blankets getting all warm and cozy and comfortable, but getting out from under those warm blankies in the morning is almost as tough as making a dental appointment!!

It usually takes me at least an hour to build up the courage to slide my tootsies out into the cold air.

Just as it did this morning.

I make up for it by sitting in the sun by the pool to eat my breakfast. 

I needed a “take two” this morning when I dropped my toast going through the gate. Ugh 😩 

Cursing was necessary.

I achieved nothing today.

No art. No housework. No study. No research.

I spent time attempting to resolve an ongoing Telstra issue … don’t even get me started.

Oh I made lunch for both Adoring Husband and BGWLBH. Poached eggs on avocado toast for BGWLBH and fish with salad for AH. I feel like a restauranteur lol.

AH cooked chicken dinner and we watched the football.

My new compost bin arrived today and we’ll put it together tomorrow. I’ll do a ‘before’ and ‘after’ shot.

Meanwhile, it’s sleep time for me.








Nite all.

No comments: