Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 25, 2022

Harley Monster

I’m thinking … now that Harley doesn’t have to contend with his siblings, the monster within is emerging!

There are three very attentive adults living here right now, all of whom have Harley’s best interests at heart, so we are watching his every move 95% of the time.

Yet, in that other 5% of the time, he still:

  • Shreds indoor plants.
  • Destroys garden ornaments.
  • Breaks off orchid plant stems.
  • Chews the legs on furniture.
  • Pulls the lining off the bottom of the dining chairs.
  • Locates the plastic cups we use for propagating and tosses and chases them around the alfresco area.
  • Picks pebbles out of the outdoor garden, chews them and then leaves them scattered everywhere.
  • Pulls the stickers off planter pots in the garden.
*sigh*

Luckily enough, this was a dead plant in a pot that he pulled out way down in the back yard, dragged it to the back doorstep where he chewed it to oblivion!

My favourite middle niece is visiting overnight tomorrow so BGWLBH drove into The Bay for some new bedding for our single beds.

Adoring Husband and I spent the last couple of weeks clearing out the old art room and discovered that the 15 yr old linen for the single beds was too deteriorated to use anymore. They were stored in vacuum bags on top of the wardrobe.

I purchased light 2 x light doonas, 2 x fitted sheet sets and 2 x doona covers. Choices were limited for single beds. Almost all of them were themed for kids but I found a couple of sneaky sale items and will take pics when the beds are made tomorrow.

Adoring Husband has almost got all the outdoor Christmas lights and decorations up outside.




Now I need sleep because no doubt there will be another 4am start tomorrow with Harley.


Nite all.

No comments: