Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 20, 2022

One More

One more sleep until Harley arrives - although by the time you read this, he will be here!

I am feeling nervous anticipation 😳

Discombobulation is how I felt today.

I really wanted to get stuff done today but my brain was struggling to focus on any one thing.

I was out of bed much later than anticipated and I made myself bacon and eggs with toast. As soon as Colli smells the toast, she’s at my feet waiting for her share. It has now become a morning tradition which I quite enjoy.

By the time I’d cleaned up from breakfast, the others were looking for lunch so the best I could offer was a fruit smoothie - pineapple, orange, banana, mango, passionfruit and coconut water.

I spent some time in the art space trying to figure out what to do next. I went into YouTube but was distracted by other videos regarding current world events which took up more than an hour.

I took about 20 minutes clearing some more bits and pieces from the old art room.

Then I sat down to watch more Portrait Artist of the Year until it was time to cook dinner. 

I made chilli chicken potato pie with a shard of crispy chicken skin piercing the top and with a side of buttered green beans and roasted cherry tomatoes. Quite delicious and full of nutritional goodness.

We watched the Lego show and here it is at 9.30pm and I’m in bed.

I need to get up reasonably early to prepare some salads and sweets for our barbecue lunch welcoming Harley. Best Cousin in the World and Marco Polo are delivering him and we haven’t seen them for quite some time so I’m looking forward to tomorrow.

We had a short sharp storm tonight that dumped about 3 minutes of heavy rain on top of us. Short and sweet. There is more forecast for tomorrow.

Now I’m off to sleep.







Nite all.

No comments: