Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Sleeping In

I slept so soundly last night!

It was 8am when I first opened my eyes but I drifted straight back to sleep until 9.30am!

It was 10.30am when I got up to make my breakfast and Adoring Husband was outside working, tidying up in preparation for Best Cousin in the World arriving on Monday with Harley.

Every so often he called upon BGWLBH to assist him.

I took my breakfast into the lounge room and set myself up to watch the new Jason Mamoa movie “Slumberland” which I loved. Apparently it’s a typical kids movie along the lines of Narnia or The Princess Bride.

I don’t normally watch that kind of movie so I have nothing to compare it to, but I very much enjoyed this one.

After the movie I moved my butt to the old art room to continue clearing - it’s impossible for me to do this quickly because I’m a perfectionist and I need to go through every drawer, every folder of paperwork, every diary and journal, every box of papers etc with a fine toothed comb. Then I have to reorganise the paperwork into a better system.

This is why I’ve already filled the inside recycle bin.

I spent about three hours sorting and clearing and reorganising and moving stuff to new locations throughout the house.

AH and BGWLBH hung some Christmas lights around the outside of the house and all the boxes are outside ready to set our front garden up for Christmas lights and decorations.

I sat down and watched some more Portrait Artist of the Year before cooking dinner. Spicy chicken bits, nice and simple.

After dinner, AH and I watched an episode of Virgin River.

I came to bed and did a quick sketch …

The lighting is terrible in my room so I think I’ll start doing my sketches during the day in better light so that I can do more detailed work. Perhaps I need to wear my glasses? 😳🤓

Tomorrow is final preparation day for Harley!

Now I need to sleep with hopes of waking earlier tomorrow morning. I want to start the day productively and end it with some art - maybe even squeeze in a swim, although I think there is rain forecast.








Nite all.

No comments: