Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 17, 2022

Lunch!

Adoring Husband and I spent the morning shopping for our new addition who is arriving on Monday.

We bought two new beds for Colli and two new beds for Harley, a harness, a collar, a leash, a grooming brush and some training treats.

We also did a grocery shop before we drove to Salt Cafe where we sat together and had tea and coffee before the girls arrived for lunch.

There were seven of us because two dropped out at the last minute. One had a broken rib! The other had babysitter issues - obviously she is the youngest in our group and has a 3yr old daughter to prioritise so she often can’t attend our gatherings.


Anyway, it was a lovely group and we were all very animated discussing art and craft and husbands and pets and shopping and family and food and our upcoming Christmas lunch among other things.

It was two and a half hours well spent and we all enjoyed the food, the service, the drinks and the company.

My lunch was particularly nice …

On the way home, the Silver Fox and I stopped at the jewellers in Urangan and perused the beautiful hand crafted jewellery inspired by the local marine life as well as pieces made with Australian opal and pearls as well as precious gems all designed and made on site with a big glass mirror where you can watch the craftspeople creating before your very eyes.

The jewellery was gorgeous and I took photos of the pieces I liked. The first is a ring inspired by the seahorse and has sapphires, peridot and cubic zirconia …

The second was an octopus pendant, but looking at it now, I’m not sure I’m so keen on it …

Can you believe that I did not spend a single cent on anything other than my lunch today? Unheard of!

I even splurged on a margarita cocktail but I haven’t had alcohol for 3 months and I must confess that I really struggled to finish it. I figured at $15.50 a pop I shouldn’t let any of it go to waste.

The Silver Fox dropped me in my driveway at 3pm and I plonked myself on the couch to open my box of art supplies that was delivered in the mail today.

Also in the package was part of BGWLBH’s Christmas present so I had to be sneaky with that.

BGWLBH had another visit to the dentist today so she is feeling quite the worse for wear again and is on the soft food diet for a few days. Tonight she was served a very big bowl of home made chicken soup.

AH cooked up some full chicken wings for our dinner and I ate 2 of them while he scoffed a LOT of them.

I watched a few episodes of Portrait Artist of the Year before my silly reality TV shows came on and now it’s almost 11.30pm! I’m feeling very weary.


Nite all.

No comments: