Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 13, 2022

Slight Inspiration

I read this today and was inspired to share it here …

THIS REALLY MAKES YOU THINK HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS!!

The $50 note.

It's a slow day in a small country village and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A tourist visiting the area drives through the village, stops at the hotel, and lays a $50 note on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night. As soon as he walks upstairs, the hotel owner grabs the note and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

(now... pay attention)

The butcher takes the $50 and runs down the street to repay his debt to the pig farmer. The pig farmer takes the $50 and heads off to pay his bill to his feed supplier.

The guy at the supplier takes the $50 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

Now, the hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.

The hotel proprietor then places the $50 back on the counter so the traveller will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveller comes back down the stairs, stating that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $50 note and leaves.

No one produced anything and no one earned anything!

However... the whole village now thinks that they are out of debt and there is a false atmosphere of optimism and glee!

And that, my friend, is how a government works!

I had a restless night while not so psychotic dog Colli was behaving a little psychotically between the hours of 3.30am and 5.30am. I woke to pee at 2.20am and did not sleep again until 5.30am.

Ugh 😩 

I slept until 9.30am but didn’t have the energy to drag myself out of bed until 11am.

I made breakfast and ate it in the art space which inspired me to play around with some ideas, which then inspired me to order some supplies.

I spent too much money but if I play my cards right, I’m hoping to make some back with sales.

In the afternoon when I took Colli outside for a toilet break, I dipped my toe in the pool and the water was divine, so it was a no brainer, straight inside to change into my swimmers and I took an hour to swim some laps, exercise and float.

Between the water and the sunshine, it was a perfect way to spend an hour.

Eventually, I had to move inside to prepare dinner.

Roast chicken with baked vegetables and home made gravy.

Yum.

We watched the Pakistan vs England World Cup Cricket final tonight. It was a great match and a well fought win to England.

I have plans around the house tomorrow. Today I began sorting through all of my journals and reorganising my bedroom as well as clearing some more crap from the old art space.

My niece and her partner may be spending a night here in a couple of weeks, so I need to clear out the remaining art paraphernalia and set the beds up for them.

I hope to have it done before Harley arrives next week.

We’ll see how that pans out.







Nite all.

No comments: