Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Booting It Up

Adoring Husband booked the day for work, mowing lawns at all of the maintenance locations in town, so he was gone from 5.30am until about 11am.

BGWLBH and I were out the door at 7.30am to attend the car boot sale in the recreation grounds.

I purchased a timber frame with two metal dog bowls in it - for Harley - and a lead light feather to hang under the Bali hut.

I ran into a few friendly faces, so hugs and happy banter were the key for the morning and I must say it was refreshing. It’s been so long since I was properly out and about in town and it was nice to feel welcome and to know that I’ve been missed.

My faith in the human race has been somewhat restored.

The sales were many and varied at the grounds, from timber work to bejewelled and painted bottles, planter pots, preloved clothing, knitted and crocheted goodies, microbat homes, plants, glassware, fluid art, Christmas cakes, 2nd hand items and remote control cars with terrains.

By 9am it was quite hot out there! So we returned home to make breakfast and then move into the art room.

I’d promised the Tattooed Mermaid that I would design another tattoo for her because she wanted to incorporate frangipanis into the design so I did a couple of rough drafts …


I’m sure a tattooist could create a more refined copy of these. The Mermaid preferred the top one.

Once I’d finished, I could hear my bed calling me. I spent the afternoon dozing, watching YouTube videos, dozing, reading articles, dozing, facebooking and dozing.

At 5pm I hung out my washing and prepared Peking duck, zucchini slice and salad for dinner. My dinner was a toasted ham and coleslaw sandwich.

I’ve been in bed watching “Father of the Bride: Part 2” since 9pm and now it’s almost 11pm!





Nite all.

No comments: