Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 7, 2022

Down Time

Well I was asleep by 7pm last night but woke up for a little while some time around 9pm and fell back to sleep until 11.15pm. I was awake for an hour and slept until 7.30am.

The retreat really wore me out and I spent today with my feet up - well first of all I was roped into making a fruit platter for Adoring Husband and BGWLBH before making my own lunch but eventually I got to be my true lazy self.

I watched the movie ‘Enola Holmes 2” which I quite enjoyed.

After my quiz shows I prepared honey lime chilli chicken, sweet potato chips, butter garlic asparagus and charred zucchini for dinner.

I sat down to watch an episode of “Portrait Artist of the Year” before the new show “My Mum, Your Dad” started.

Tomorrow is going to be big with BGWLBH having an 8am dental appointment and Colli a vet appointment at 9.30am and it will mean an early start so even though it’s just after 8pm right now, I’m feeling tired enough to sleep.






So, nite all.

No comments: