Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Wizard of HB

BGWLBH had dental work done today so she’s not feeling on top of the world.

Adoring Husband and I took not so psychotic dog, Colli, to the vet for a check up. The wound on her belly is almost all gone but she has been licking her feet a lot so Dr Amanda took a swab and discovered that she has fungal/yeast between her toe pads.

Yet another prescription.

Now she has heart medication every night, medication for the insect bite twice a day, cream for her belly and now cream for her feet!

We are hoping that the difficulty that she’s had with walking can be attributed to the fungal infection and NOT to arthritis - otherwise she has to start injections which will more than likely put her on the downhill slide because she’s old and her organs may not cope.

In dog years she’s 119 so she has done very well and we have been very lucky because I thought we would lose her soon after the others. It has been two years since we lost Jack and Ruby. How time flies.

I met up with BGWLBH after her dental appointment but we didn’t get to do much because she wasn’t feeling super energised after 90 minutes in the dentist’s chair and we were home by 12.30pm.

She slept the afternoon away, I watched my quiz shows and just as I was dozing on the couch, Mrs Bucket came knocking on the door.

We chatted for an hour which took it to dinner preparation time.

Snapper and salad for us. Chicken soup for BGWLBH.

It’s now 11pm and it’s another early morning tomorrow having coffee with the art/meditation girls so I need to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: