Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 11, 2022

Rule it Out!

I watched a news story this afternoon stating that more lockdowns can’t be ruled out with this new wave of Covid.

I believe they will be very regretful if they try that BS again.

They are already asking for “amnesty” for all of the bad decisions they made regarding the first wave of Covid AND the vaccine mandates … not a chance in hell. The court cases have already begun and punishments are being meted out. They won’t get out of it that easily.

I was up early-ish to accompany Adoring Husband into town for not so psychotic dog Colli’s grooming appointment.

She was not very accommodating on the trip in, trying to hang herself with the doggy seatbelt, causing AH to stress and the Parkinson’s symptoms to become very pronounced and the car trip was very uncomfortable.

We stopped to purchase some supplies for the maintenance job and Colli became very restless so I put her out of the car onto a bark chip garden where she promptly pooped!

AH dropped her into the groomers and we toddled off to shop for groceries. Nana’s Pantry was our first stop, followed by Stocklands.

I was then dropped off at Pialba to meet up with BGWLBH and AH left to pick up Colli - but she wasn’t ready until almost midday!

That was ridiculous because we’d already clipped her face and all they had to do was her body. We’ve decided to find a new groomer because this is the third time in a row that they’ve taken too long, we’re unable to finish the job AND they charged us extra. 

Her fur wasn’t anywhere near as long as previous visits so there was no need for the extra hour and extra cost.

BGWLBH and I bought lotto tickets, had coffee and stocked up on art and craft supplies before coming home.

I made tuna Pattie’s for BGWLBH’s dinner - still on soft food. I mixed up the sauce AND did AH’s job cooking the chicken bits.

Dessert was a combination of apple slice and stewed rhubarb/apple with meringue. Scrumptious.

I’ve decided to name our new family member Harley and he will be joining us on 21st November.

Best Cousin in the World and Marco Polo will be bringing home grown beef and lamb for a barbecue lunch and we’ll probably have a dip in the pool. I’m looking forward to seeing them - I think it’s been about 2yrs since I’ve seen them! I can’t wait to meet Harley.

😍

BGWLBH and I are off early tomorrow to attend a a big car boot sale at the recreation grounds in town so I’d best get some sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: