Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Touch of Paradise

The Gypsy’s property is a touch of paradise.

It’s lush and green with beautiful trees and wind chimes singing in every key, planter pots full of healthy herbs of every description, crystals and glass beads in the little gardens scattered around the structures.

Little areas sectioned off with seating where you can sit silently taking in the view of the mountains or watching the ducks play in the dam, admire the raised vegetable gardens, close your eyes and feel the wind in your hair and the sunshine on your face.

At one end is the small donga beautifully decorated as a retreat for meditation classes with seating for ten lucky people to share her space. It’s immediately welcoming and calming and where I would spend my time if it was my place.

Two shipping containers set apart but side by side in another location which provide a protected space for their two cars and storage inside.

The beautiful white yurt with bushes of fragrant herbs surrounding it.

Beside that, a little outhouse better known as the ‘twinkletarium’, beautifully painted, spacious and clean.

Next, another donga designed as a kitchen, dining and office space with a sliding glass door as an entrance and a full length porch for protection from the elements. In front of that a double garden swing.

The design is fresh, clean and filled with love.

Then there is the caravan protected by a carefully designed shed and providing an alfresco area surrounded by clear perspex to take advantage of the views.

It is still a work in progress and only The Gypsy’s health has slowed her progress, but everyone who attended today felt uplifted by the location alone. It was magical with little surprises around every corner and I loved the seven hours that I spent there today.

Very healing.

There was crystal bowl meditations, native drumming meditation, Qigong, discussions about the 8 powers of raja yoga meditation, beautiful calming music, so much delicious vegetarian food for lunch with tea, coffee or home made kombucha, Drishti and lots of sharing.

It was a great day - exhausting - but very enjoyable and I look forward to the next one.

Now I need to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: