Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Portraiture

We had a pleasant morning at the park but left much earlier than usual because the truck of concrete was due to arrive to lay the new path and we didn’t want to be there for the noise and the smell.

So we said our goodbyes knowing that we’ll all be catching up for lunch tomorrow.

At home I decided to make myself comfortable and binge watch all the series of “Portrait Artist of the Year”.

I am completely obsessed with the talent and skills that these artists possess and I desperately want to try painting a portrait so my next trick is to watch some YouTube videos and then have a few practise runs. 

I know my work is going to be pretty crappy to begin with but practise makes perfect right?!

I made toasted sandwiches for lunch - roast chicken, tomato, onion and beetroot followed by a berry smoothie.

An afternoon of binge TV.

Dinner was spaghetti bolognese for BGWLBH and I, while Adoring Husband had a pork loin chop with sweet potato chips, roasted cherry tomatoes and roasted zucchini. Some nights it’s like a restaurant in my kitchen!

No dessert.

I watched The Real Love Boat and Love Island and now it’s almost midnight! I have to be up early in the morning!



Nite all.

No comments: