Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 18, 2022

Out The Window

I got up early with good intentions of finishing the old art room and then rewarding myself by doing some art.

Before I’d even finished my breakfast, BGWLBH suggested we watch a new Netflix movie called ‘Slumberland’ so we made ourselves comfortable and went into Netflix to search.

Unfortunately, the movie was due for release today … but in USA … so it wasn’t available for us yet.

Of course, now that I was seated in my comfy recliner, I was not getting back up so I browsed through Netflix and stumbled upon the new Lindsay Lohan Christmas movie. Nice and fluffy requiring no brain power whatsoever - perfect for a lazy Friday morning.

I followed that with the new season of ‘Dead To Me’ but I only got through two episodes.

I did absolutely nothing all day until around 4.30pm.

Adoring Husband decided to finally remove his clothes from the walk-in robe, which cleared space for me to put my clothes that had been hanging on racks that were hooked over my ensuite door and wardrobe door.

I’m so happy!

After that, we took the canvases out of the wardrobe in the old art room and put them in the new art space, which left room for AH to put his extra clothes.

We both really have too many clothes!

I prepared pumpkin soup for BGWLBH’s dinner.

AH and I chose not to eat dinner tonight BUT I made an avocado chocolate mousse with chopped up blueberries and strawberries which we DID partake! Very rich but very delicious. BGWLBH and I could only eat half of ours so we have leftovers for tomorrow.

I’ve been playing around with my art and did these yesterday afternoon …


I’ve also begun a year long challenge to sketch/paint/pastel something in my art book every day. This should help me improve and by the end of a year I should be looking pretty good on paper.

This is number one …

Yes! I have some improving to do!

During our clean out today, I found a couple of canvasses that I’m going to embellish over the weekend so watch this space.

So today has been a lovely indulgent rejuvenating kind of day for me.

Only three more sleeps until Harley enters our lives.

This is what he looked like as a new puppy …


We are getting excited.

Anyway, it’s rapidly approaching midnight. Sleep time for me.


Nite all.

No comments: