Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 21, 2022

He’s Here

Look at this precious little face …

He is so relaxed and happy! And so BIG for an 8 week old pup 😳

It’s almost 10pm and he is asleep outside my bedroom door, in a pen, on the tiles. There is a sheet and his own little blanket on one half of the pen but he loves to lay and sleep on the cool tiles.

I tried to have him beside me on the couch but it was too hot for him and he kept moving every couple of minutes trying to find a cool spot. I figured there’s no point in putting him in my bed as planned because it would be too hot for him there too!

I’m told he sleeps through until about 4.30am so we’ll see if that happens tonight.

Tomorrow I have an appointment in town so Adoring Husband will be in charge for a few hours. That should be interesting.

It was lovely to see Best Cousin in the World and Marco Polo. They came with Harley in their arms and a huge box of goodies including dog food, toys, blankets, feeding mat, slow feeder, food bowl, paperwork to switch ownership and update the microchip details, health insurance details and more which I haven’t looked at or read yet.

Not so psychotic dog Colli is not the slightest bit perturbed and they’ve barely sniffed at each other so that’s one concern crossed off the list.

So far, it’s all good, but I know that having a puppy is not going to be all smooth sailing and I hope I’m mentally and emotionally prepared for what’s to come.

Might be a good idea to attempt some sleep just in case Harley decides to disturb me through the night.



Nite all.

No comments: