Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 18, 2022

Farmgate

My plan to have Harley stay in bed til 5am certainly did not work today.

Not so psychotic dog, Colli, was shrieking at 4am which was Harley’s signal that the day had begun!

I was asleep at 9pm. 

My bladder woke me at 11pm.

Harleys bladder woke me at 1am.

It was time to wake up at 4am.

Ugh.

The days seem so much longer now that I’m out of bed at least 6 hours earlier than I was pre-Harley.

Today I discovered Harley’s name on Santa’s naughty list …

It’s exactly where it should be! Although he wasn’t too bad today.

He got to play fetch a number of times, which wore him out.

This morning I found some yellow grubs eating the cucumber leaves so I spent about 20 minutes scouring each leaf and capturing the blighters in a plastic bag, along with a few caterpillars and some other spotted beatles.

I prepared bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomato and grilled banana for breakfast.

The next 3 hours was me wrapping Christmas gifts that need to be mailed out tomorrow

BGWLBH and I spent an hour in the art room, although I didn’t get much done on my pelican and have nothing to show you. 

This is art by BGWLBH …


At 1.30pm we decided to go check out Farmgate which we’d heard was a great little stall at Raintree Acres that sells local fresh produce, teas, jams, honey, breads, healing balms and creams and other assorted goodies.

We spent around $70 between us and decided to drive the streets of Raintree and check out the local area.

There are some lovely homes and properties there and BGWLBH decided it was the place for her. There are two properties currently for sale. One of them is way over her budget and the other one is not listed on the realtors website yet.

I watched the cricket with Adoring Husband during the afternoon.

My plan of chicken wings and vegetables for dinner was thwarted when I discovered that the chicken did not last for four days in the fridge! Luckily there was leftover crumbed chicken from last night which went very nicely with the roasted veggie mix and coleslaw.

Number One son called tonight.

He has been dating M&M for 4 months and they are talking about living together! He is spending Christmas with her family and seems to be very happy. That’s all can hope for.

Look at this cute little poppet …

That’s my Hazey, now 20 months old. Time sure flies. She’s a real cutie pitootie.

I need sleep now.





Nite all.

No comments: