Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 23, 2022

Good and Bad

I’ve just spent two hours listening to and watching the reactions of different people all over the world who are watching and listening to John Farnham singing “Help” supported by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.

I could watch that video of John Farnham a thousand times and not tire of it. He is astonishingly spectacular and moves me to the brink of tears every time.

Today has been a good day. Tiring but good.

BGWLBH and I had an appointment at the nail salon in Stocklands for 9am so we drove in early and had breakfast at Bean Beat beforehand.

When we arrived at the salon, they did not have us booked in! We even had a card with the time and date written on it! They did nothing to attempt to fix it. No offer of another appointment. No offer of a discount for our next appt (because we are regulars). Absolutely zip.

So I found their Facebook page and hammered them. We won’t be returning.

We’ve booked ourselves in to one of the salons on Main Street for next week.

We stocked up on heaps of fresh fruit for Christmas - lychees, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, grapes, passionfruit and avocados - as well as some turkey and cranberry sauce.

After a couple of other stops, we headed home, stopping at the post office on the way where I picked up a parcel and got to wish everyone in Foodworks a merry Christmas.

After lunch, I played fetch with Harley, took him for a swim in the pool and then watched my quiz shows on TV. More fetch and more swimming in the late afternoon so I think we pretty well tired him out.

Tomorrow morning Adoring Husband is driving me into Urangan Fisheries to purchase some Christmas seafood and we should be pretty well set for Christmas Day.

Ham, turkey, chicken, prawns, crab, pavlova, Christmas pudding, fruit platter, coleslaw, wombok salad, potato salad, garden salad and more. 

There will be just the three of us so there will be leftovers for days!

It’s almost 11pm and Harley will have me awake in 5 hours so I’d best sleep.

Just this second, we have blacked out, so I’d like to know what caused it because there are no storms about. Maybe an accident? I’ll let you know tomorrow.





Nite all.

No comments: