Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Preparations

Dr Kerryn Phelps’ vaccine injury

We are making Christmas all about the food.

A menu has been planned and we will decorate the table to reflect Christmas cheer, we will fill our bellies until we can’t move, laze in and beside the pool listening to a playlist of Christmas songs,  probably nap the afternoon away and eat leftovers for the following three days!

All of my gifts are wrapped and either sent to their respective destinations or they’re under the Christmas tree waiting to be ripped open on the day. Even Harley has a present to open!

BGWLBH had an early appointment at the dentist so she was gone by 7am.

Adoring Husband and I had fish for breakfast. We spent some time in the garden and Harley helped me pick off the remaining yellow grubs and caterpillars from the cucumber vine.

We watched fluffy Christmas movies on Netflix for a good portion of the day.

I made dinner (green chicken curry) early because BGWLBH and I had planned on attending Carols by Candlelight in the church grounds. In the end I decided that I didn’t want to go. I think BGWLBH was disappointed but I just can’t cope with people. I feel betrayed by almost the entire town and I don’t feel like pretending to be nice to anyone.

Tomorrow morning is our final coffee catch up for the year and we are all bringing a plate. I hope everyone turns up because BGWLBH has gifts for all.

Nothing new to report but I can’t believe it’s Christmas already! 


Nite all.

No comments: