Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Attention

There's a lot of Conspiracy Theorists around these days ...

Well, here's another one!

Early in 1616, Galileo was accused of being a heretic, a person who opposed Church teachings. Heresy was a crime for which people were sometimes sentenced to death.

Galileo was cleared of charges of heresy, but was told that he should no longer publicly state his belief that Earth moved around the Sun.

Galileo continued his study of astronomy and became more and more convinced that all planets revolved around the Sun.

In 1632, he published a book that stated, among other things, that the heliocentric theory of Copernicus was correct.

Even though he was correct, Galileo was once again called before the Inquisition and this time was found guilty of heresy. Galileo was sentenced to life imprisonment in 1633.

So, we are in good company and the truth always comes out in the end.

Harley had me up at 4am again so I took him out to the toilet and brought him back to bed until 5am. 

He received lots of attention today and I played ‘fetch’ once in the morning and again in the afternoon. Adoring Husband played the same game late this afternoon. He also swam in the pool with me mid afternoon.

He still managed to empty a pot of soil in the outdoor area, knocked over my pawpaw tree, pulled the broom down from it’s supposedly ‘Harley safe’ space, steal the plastic clips from the garden frames, peed in my art space and almost successfully pull the mini vacuum from its position in the family room.

He pierced my skin twice during play time and drew blood.

I’ve been watching a few short training videos on dog training and practising some of the ideas on Harley. They are working pretty well but not consistently yet.

Trouble with Harley is that he is not food driven so giving him a treat as a reward doesn’t impress him. I need to use a variety of different systems to train him. He is very intelligent but during the ‘witching hours’ he is uncontrollable!

I still love him.

BGWLBH and I went grocery shopping at the local supermarket so that we didn’t have to fight the crowds in The Bay tomorrow. We still have a couple of things to get.

I won a small prize in OzLotto on Tuesday night and a tiny prize in Powerball tonight but the first division has now increased to $100million for next week. What a nice way that would be to start 2023!

Dinner tonight was chicken with tomato pesto and candied ginger, boiled jacket potatoes, green beans, fried rice and garden salad.

Ugh I can’t stop yawning!

BGWLBH and I have a pamper day booked for tomorrow so I need my sleep.









Nite all.


No comments: