Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Wishful Thinking

Harley woke at 4.10am and after toileting, I brought him back to bed until 5am. I’m hoping that he will eventually just know to stay in bed til 5am. Wishful thinking?

I prepared bacon and eggs for breakfast at about 7.30am and spent the following hour digging up all the chafer grubs from the garden pod. I fed some to the magpies and the rest are in a bucket awaiting their fate.

BGWLBH then composted the remaining soil and planted some radishes.

While Adoring Husband was attempting to transfer the compost from a garbage bin to the tumbling compost bin, he dropped the handle of the trolley on his ankle which left him lying prostrate in the back yard declaring that he had broken his ankle.

BGWLBH got him some ice and I got him some water, a golf umbrella to use as a walking stick and an esky to help leverage himself from ground level to upright.

His ankle is not broken but is obviously tender and causing a little pain.

Once we’d established that he was not dying and that he could care for the dogs on his own, BGWLBH and I decided to drive into The Bay with a fairly long list.

Stocklands was a nightmare. The hoards of people were crazy and the queues waiting to be served in almost every shop were ridiculous, Kmart in particular was off the charts.

It only occurred to me while I was standing in one of those queues that we are just a week out from Christmas! That snuck up fast and now I have to send all the Christmas gifts on Monday and hope they arrive at their destinations by the end of the week. Wishful thinking?

We arrived home at 4pm so I sat down for an hour with a cup of tea before making chicken schnitzel, coleslaw and potatoes for dinner.

Harley insisted that I play fetch with him after dinner and then he fell into a deep sleep until bed time!

Here is an updated pic of my art …

… still not completed but getting there.

Sleep time for me. I’m exhausted.


Nite all.

No comments: