Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Very Trying

Dr Tess Lawrie - Covid 19 ‘vaccines’ and inflammation (the sound and video is out of sync, but the message is important)

Today in Harley World has been testing 😳

He was awake just before 5am and his ‘witching hour’ was very trying.

We drove to the park for our Wednesday morning catch up with the art/meditation girls and Harley wouldn’t settle so after he’d eaten all of his treats and decided that he couldn’t sit still and wanted to chew on everybody, I decided to take him for a short walk.

That did the trick. It was only an 8 minute walk but he lay down and fell asleep straight away. It was difficult getting him to wake up when it was time to leave.

He didn’t want to get into the car and when we arrived home, he didn’t want to get out of the car!

I fed him and we all ate lunch, after which, BGWLBH and I played in the art space. I struggled with motivation and ideas so I have nothing to show you but she is in the midst of a beautiful piece of art which I will show you once it’s completed.

Harley didn’t sit still all afternoon, knocking over a plant, opening a box of bin liners and chewing them open, chewing on the dining chairs, jumping on us, biting us and our clothes.

I took him outside and played ‘fetch’ with him until he gave up. BGWLBH took him out to her garden area where he likes to explore.

We locked him outside while we ate dinner - sausages, boiled potatoes in their jackets, charred zucchini and grilled tomato with balsamic.

After dinner he was crazy restless so I decided to take him for a walk. Just ten minutes is all he can handle right now and I’ve been teaching him to walk on the gutter side of the road.

For the first five minutes he was perfect. Walking by my side with a loose leash, no deviating and very well behaved. We stopped and I got him to sit before we turned around to make the trip back.

We got to the first corner and he turned into a lunatic! He was running and leaping and twisting and crossing in front of me, then jumping on me and biting my clothes. We stopped to chat with a neighbour and he kept jumping up and being a general nuisance.

We got home and he twisted and writhed while I undid his harness and he flew out the door like a mad thing, almost smashing into the glass! He ran around the yard, gulped in some water, ran around some more, tried to go inside but I shut the door and made him sit quietly on the step for a couple of minutes before opening the door to let him in.

After about 2 minutes inside he collapsed on the floor and fell into a deep sleep for about 90 minutes.

When he woke up, I took him out for a pre and we came to bed. It took him about ten minutes to settle but he is again sound asleep.


I honestly don’t know how I’m going to survive his puppyhood. He’s a big, clumsy, crazy puppy for about 4 hours of every day. The rest of the time he is clever and trainable and loveable. I’m exhausted trying to stay one step ahead of his destructive mind and cleaning up the destruction when he’s caught out.

When he’s past the puppy stage he’ll be a wonderful companion and he already finds the closest spot to be near me wherever I am, whether it’s inside, outside or around the pool. He can ‘sit’ and ‘fetch’ and ‘come’ and understands it’s sleep time when he’s put in his pen, understands ‘out’ when I give him his bone. Tells me when he needs to go out during the night.

That’s not bad for less than 12 weeks old so I shouldn’t complain.

That’s my Harley vent for the day.

It’s much later than usual so I’m off to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: