Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 12, 2022

Morning Viewing

This is a 2.5 hr Press Conference World Council for Health Press Conference for your viewing pleasure.

Harley was very good all day until the ‘witching hour’ when, once again, he became possessed and out of control.

Shredding the indoor plants, spilling the water bowl, chewing the furniture, biting me, ignoring my every command, running all over the place (I’ve had to move my big vase of sunflowers from the family room) and growling at me when I attempt to discipline him!

The witching hour is my least favourite time of day and it’s when I consider sending him back from whence he came!

Other than that, he was a joy (for me) and not so much for Adoring Husband who has no control over Harley at all and he was a nightmare for BGWLBH in the garden until she led him inside and shut the door (that’s Harley - NOT Adoring Husband).

We spent time in the pool as I directed Harley to swim across the width a number of times until I let him go so that he could climb out - but he turned around and swam back to me!

He eventually chose to get out and rolled in the dirt until his white bits were decidedly dark grey.

We played fetch until he gave up.

BGWLBH spent the day in The Bay pampering herself at the hair salon and shopping.

My day was spent on the couch trying to recover from eating two Magnum ice creams yesterday. The main culprit was the dairy, but the sugar didn’t help either, and my body was giving me grief for most of the day.

Hard lesson learned and instructions to BGWLBH to cease buying such deliciousness.

AH cooked lamb loin chops on the barbecue and I made coleslaw, garden salad and potato croquettes. It was all delicious except the tough chops. Our local butcher is usually very good but that’s the second time we’ve been unhappy in the last 6 weeks.

No dessert tonight.

I was watching a fluffy Christmas movie with AH until Harley began playing up so I conceded defeat and came to bed. Harley is now sound asleep in his pen beside the bed and all is peaceful.

I am actually very tired and I think I’ll be sound asleep very soon.



Nite all.

No comments: