Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Diving In

Anecdotals Movie

It has been a momentous day!

Harley jumped into the pool voluntarily! He followed BGWLBH as she went for a swim and dived in after her. 

So I joined them, and every time I aimed him at the step to climb out, he turned around and swam back to me! So we’ve established that he likes to swim in the pool. This is good news.

I moved into the art space very early this morning. I think it was 6.30am.

I finished watching a movie, the link is at the beginning of this post, and started searching through Facebook groups that provide free photos for artists to use in their art. Then I realised that I am a photographer and have many photos that I can use!

So I selected one of my favourite pelican pics and spent the morning on this …


It’s not finished by a long way yet but I’m happy with my progress. I used coloured pencils, a white acrylic posca pen and a graphite pencil.

After lunch, BGWLBH took Harley out to help in the garden …

That gave us a good giggle.

At 4pm we spent 30 minutes in the pool.

I made a garden salad and a fresh coleslaw to eat with last night’s leftover sausages for dinner. BGWLBH and I played Sequence after dinner.

Adoring Husband had spent the day trimming the Lilly pilly hedge along the fence which involved using the electric hedge clipper to trim along our side, climbing ladders to do the top on our side, then going next door and trimming the branches that had grown through and over the fence, then climbing ladders to do the top on that side.

It’s a big job and it took him hours, but in the process he got something in his eye so instead of trying to rinse it out with water, he rubbed it until it was red raw and now his vision is blurred in that eye, so he was unable to join us in the game of sequence.

Men 🫤

I even got some washing done today so it has been quite productive and satisfactory.

Harley is sound asleep in his pen now. He woke earlier than usual this morning - 4.05am - and I was not particularly amused by that, so I hope he sleeps a bit later tomorrow - as close to 5am as possible, would be lovely.

Now I think I’ll sleep.


Nite all.


No comments: