Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 16, 2022

Down and Dirty

Remember on Tuesday when I put the link in my post for the petition to maintain the eAUD and reject digital currency? I hope you took the time to read it and sign it.

Digital currency will be programmable - that means our money can be programmed to be spent any way in which the central bank or the government decides.

One concern is the World Economic Forum because they’re talking about implementing a carbon allowance to everybody, which means that each individual will be given a certain amount of carbon credit - a limited amount that you’re allowed to emit.

They implement that through a central bank digital currency, so if you buy too many plane tickets or you buy too much meat (because those things are supposedly bad for the environment) when you go to fill up your car, your digital money can be declined because you’ve used up all your carbon credit.

They can control what you can and can’t do with your money.

Your money can also expire.

During times of economic uncertainty, central banks simply print extra money, which causes inflation. If they can’t print money (because it will all be digital) they can decide that you have to spend 10% of your savings in the next three months and if you don’t, then that money will expire and disappear from your account.

If you don’t have freedom with your money, then you don’t have freedom of anything.

It’s vital that as many people as possible, sign that petition!

Today was another good day.

Harley woke up at 4am but after his toilet break, I brought him back to his bed and we rested for another hour so I happily got out of bed at 5am.

I started in the pool early this morning around 6.30am. Harley joined me and did quite a bit of swimming which tired him out significantly.

I got changed into my slobberdog clothes and did some more art.

I got a couple of loads of washing done.

BGWLBH had to pull all of the tomato plants out of the raised veggie pod because they were literally smothered in caterpillars.

After she did that and we picked all the remaining  caterpillars off the top of the soil, I got my hands REALLY dirty and turned over ALL the soil in the pod, removing the big root balls and runners, aerating the soil and discovering lots of delicious worms and unfortunately chafer grubs which I will attend to tomorrow!

Now my fingernails are black because I didn’t wear gloves - I wanted to boost my immune system.

It took a good twenty minutes to scrub my hands and arms clean and it took four washes to get all the muck off me. It’s been a long time since I got down and dirty like that.

BGWLBH went for a swim before lunch and I prepared a fruit platter with a guacamole dip and wafer crackers for her lunch.

Adoring Husband had been into town to pick up a script from his doctor and run a few errands so he arrived as I served BGWLBH her lunch. He drove to the local cafe for a small serving of hot chips and we had hot chip sangers for lunch.

I played fetch with Harley until he gave up.

We had the usual Friday night fare for dinner and played a few games of Sequence afterwards.

It’s now 9.15pm and I’m exhausted.






Nite all.

No comments: