Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Desperation

Harley slept in a bit this morning!

It was almost 5am when he asked to go outside to pee.

Having had 8 solid hours sleep, I felt very grateful indeed.

Unlike Adoring Husband who has not so psychotic dog, Colli, sleeping in a pen in his room now. 

She pigged out on Harley’s kibble yesterday and she’s unable to chew so she swallowed each one whole. I had placed a handful in his bowl and by the looks of it, she ate the entire contents which sat in her belly and swelled with her body fluid and her little body couldn’t cope.

AH spent the night cleaning up her diarrhoea and this morning she violently heaved the entire contents of her belly. It literally knocked her off her feet!

She is feeling much better now and chowed down her dinner tonight which is a good sign.

Harley was full of energy until 7am then slept for more than a couple of hours. When he woke I gave him a bone to chew on which kept him occupied for more than an hour and wore him out enough for another nap.

AH accidentally left the gates open today - he drove off for work and the gates were wide open 😳 Harley played outside and either didn’t notice or was too afraid to leave. Who knows? I feel very very lucky that he didn’t escape.

I told AH that if it happens again I will be researching divorce lawyers!

This afternoon Harley had another swim in the pool and we played ‘fetch’ again for about half an hour.

His crazy ‘witching hour’ from 6.15pm - 7.30pm really wore me out. It’s like he becomes possessed!

Now he’s in bed sound asleep.

We did some art today. 

I was desperate to be arty farty but just couldn’t get into the detailed or complex stuff that I’m aiming for so I searched on YouTube for quick and easy art ideas to beat boredom and came up with these …





Certainly nothing to write home about but satisfied my need to do SOMETHING.

The pool water was again perfect today and we are making the most of this great weather by taking a few dips throughout the day. By ‘we’ I mean BGWLBH and I because AH doesn’t seem the slightest bit interested.

Once again I’m all worn out - thanks to one energetic, crazy, loveable little scruff ball.




Nite all.

No comments: