Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 10, 2022

Teaser

We have a couple of resident magpies … well it feels like they reside here … they sit on the roof of the loft of my back neighbours house and sing their beautiful song every day a few times each day.

BGWLBH feeds them every day and when it rains, one of them seeks shelter under our carport. It is very talented and talks, barks, whistles, sings, warbles and generally entertains us through the family room window.

Well it seems that they are now used to the newest member of our family and one in particular kept flying around the back yard and landing just high enough to be out of Harley’s reach but low enough that Harley had high hopes and expectations of catching it.

Harley was running around the back yard following the magpie and barking his head off!

To curb some of Harley’s energy today, I took him into the pool and had him swim 8 short laps across the pool. I don’t think he’s a big fan of the pool but he’s a strong swimmer and once he was done, he felt it necessary to roll around in dirt and dead leaves!

After the swim he and I played fetch for about 20 minutes and I think I well and truly wore him out. It’s 8.30pm and he is sound asleep in his pen as I type this.

No art today.

Peking duck with mash and greens for dinner followed by apple and rhubarb crumble with home made paleo custard which was bloody nice!

I can’t believe how tired I feel right now. Must be sleep time for me too.





Nite all.

No comments: