Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Introductions

Excess deaths in Australia 

After Harley slept for many hours during the day yesterday and after a warning from BGWLBH that he wouldn’t sleep during the night, I had a very restless night waiting for him to wake and want to get up.

Of course he slept soundly for 9 hours and I was left feeling tired and run down.

Ugh 😩 

I shall listen to my own instincts from now on.

This morning we drove to the Lions Park for our weekly catch up with the art/meditation girls. There were two of the usual missing but we took Harley along with us.

The council workers who are currently upgrading the path in the park all noticed Harley and stopped to meet him and have a cuddle. Two of those workers own Border Collies themselves so they were particularly besotted.

Harley was very well behaved saying hello and then lying quietly at my feet for a whole 90 minutes. BGWLBH gave him a couple of drinks of water and I gave him a biscuit snack so he was perfectly happy.

When we arrived home, BGWLBH and I changed into our bathers/togs and went straight to the pool for a swim. The water was lovely and I swam a dozen laps and floated around for about 15 minutes. 

I raised my head to discover that BGWLBH had disappeared inside so I climbed out and sat under the Bali hut for about 20 minutes until I’d dried off somewhat.

Adoring Husband had arrived home from collecting the FROG box and I decided to use last nights leftover mash to make tuna patties for lunch. I served them with chilli mango relish and they were delicious.

BGWLBH was suffering from a headache so she returned to bed straight after lunch.

I watched some more of my Portrait Artist shows, my quiz shows and prepared dinner of spicy chicken and vegetable tortillas with tzatziki. Also delicious.

After dinner, I spent an hour with Harley while he tore around like a crazy animal. The ‘witching hour’ seems to have increased to the ‘witching 90 minutes’ lately!

He spent some time jumping in and out of his box of toys. He may have been a cat in a previous life!


The only way to calm him down was to lead him to bed. As soon as he reached his sleeping pen, he knew it was time to settle and thank goodness, within 15 minutes he was sound asleep.

Positively exhausting!

After he fell asleep I taught myself how to sketch facial features.




I figure that if I want to do portraits, I’d best start with the basics. I need to practice a LOT!

Now I should sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: