Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 5, 2022

What’s New?

Harley made friends with a BIG FAT UGLY TOAD and I believe it’s that friendship that has caused the diarrhoea and a little vomiting over the last 3 days and nights.

*sigh*

So the toad is gone.

I expect it will be another restless night with many toilet breaks tonight, but hopefully things will settle after that.

Last night we (Harley and I) were up every 30 minutes from 11pm until 2.30am but then he slept soundly until 6am which was a blessing for me because I don’t think I could have done another day without a block of decent sleep.

Today, not so psychotic dog, Colli, has had uncontrollable diarrhoea so there have been many messes to clean up and a discussion about how much longer she might have with us. Her eating habits are erratic which makes it difficult to give her the heart medication, she struggles to climb up and down the step to get in and out of the house, and her arthritis is causing her grief.

She’s not a fan of Harley - although she does like to steal his food, which apparently, is much more tasty than her own.

This morning, I found the energy to drive into The Bay with BGWLBH to check off a very long ‘to do’ list. We visited Spotlight, Newsagent, QBD book store, KMart, Priceline, the new shoe shop in Stocklands, the bank, Heaps Discount, Bakery, Nana’s Pantry, Choice, Coles, Su Jus Cafe and a butcher.

I was able to find some paper to practice pastel drawings and Adoring Husband has ordered a set of very good quality pastel pencils and 120 half pastel sticks which will hopefully arrive before Christmas.

This afternoon I attempted a short nap on the couch until Harley decided it was energy overload time and I needed to pay him some attention.

Dinner was easy chicken wings with a salad and a fruit platter..

Now I’m feeling weary and I need to get as much sleep as possible before the nightly dramas begin with Harley.






Nite all.

No comments: