Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 8, 2022

In Training

I’ve started watching Cesar Millan, the dog whisperer, series.

There are two seasons of him training humans on how to be the leader of their pack.

He is fantastic and after three shows I have learnt a lot, as has Harley, because of what I’ve learned.

It’s very tricky with two other adults in the house, each with their own ideas, so all I can do is be consistent with Harley so that he knows exactly what I expect from him. He’s very clever, even for a ten week old puppy, so he is learning fast.

Tonight I figured out how to put a stop to the ‘witching hour’ (without Cesar’s help) by putting away all of Harley’s toys out of his sight.

He was working himself into a frenzy trying to play with all of his toys, running around the house and tossing toys in the air and chasing them. He never tired of it and just wouldn't stop until I put him to bed.

I packed all of his toys into the box and put the box in another room - within ten minutes he had settled into an exhausted sleep at my feet!

Who knew!?

Today, I also learnt how to draw a realistic eye.

There is still plenty of room for improvement but I like my first effort.

Tomorrow I’ll have a go at a realistic mouth.

I didn’t swim today but BGWLBH went in a few times.

We all played Sequence after lunch (which was a grazing platter) and then we waited for the forecasted storms to arrive.

As usual, they split in half and went around us so we barely got a light shower, unlike Maryborough, Gympie and a few other places that received large hail and some damage.

It’s now just after 8pm and I’m ready for bed.



Nite all.

No comments: