Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

It’s For You to Sign

Petition to maintain eAUD

Not so psychotic dog, Colli, started the day with an upset tummy and had Adoring Husband up a couple of times during the night.

Harley however, slept from 8pm - 4.50am. My bladder woke me at 11.30pm but otherwise I had a good nights sleep too.

We started the day with a cooked breakfast and planned nothing for the day because we were supposed to receive buckets full of rain which never eventuated.

I spent some time in the art space. I had a go at sketching a hand …

… then this …

😳

Don’t ask.

Harley and I swam in the pool this afternoon but he wasn’t in much of a mood for fetch. His ‘witching hour’ wasn’t as bad as usual but he did manage to find some more bottom lining under the family room couch to tear off. I moved his water bowl out of reach so that he wouldn’t create another indoor pool to grab my attention.

He fell asleep tonight with his body hugging his small water bowl which I keep in his sleeping pen.

For dinner I crumbed some chicken and served it with home made coleslaw and garden salad. I put lots of hot spice in the crumbing mix which made it yum!

That’s about the long and short of our day and I can’t believe that at 8.30pm I am yawning and ready for sleep!





Nite all.

No comments: