Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 2, 2023

Harley Turdburger

That’s his name when he’s naughty - Harley Turdburger - and that’s usually during the witching hour where control is nonexistent. He can’t control himself and I can’t control him either.

It’s an impossibly frustrating hour or two during the day and during those hours I could easily return him to the farm from whence he came.

Ugh 😩

Today he had many swims in the pool, played fetch and tug of war multiple times and had lots of training time to reinforce sit, come and stay.

Tomorrow I’ll take him for a walk in the morning and possibly in the afternoon as well, just to take some of the energy out of the witching hour.

We played a lot of trivia today but didn’t finish any of the games. The first was boxed trivia of the 2010 - 2020 but was 95% USA based so we struggled for a couple of hours getting nowhere. The second was the original box and we stopped halfway through because Harley was a bit out of control and I needed to get him into bed. We’ll finish it tomorrow.

The water in the pool was nice this morning and I swam a few laps and floated around for a while. Harley joined me and swam a couple of full laps too! He’s a strong swimmer.

Nothing else to report. I’ve avoided the main part of town but things should start to quieten down by the end of this week and pretty soon we should be back to normal. Thank goodness.

I felt a little better today than I did yesterday but still not 100% - just feeling a bit elderly and lethargic at the moment. I need a boost of energy but I’m not sure where I’m going to get it. Maybe I need to get into some fruit smoothies in the mornings.

It’s almost 9pm so I’m off to sleep.

Superhero holiday season …




Nite all.


No comments: