Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Un Hung Over

NZ Silent No More on Covid Vaccine Injuries

Today was a terrible day!

I haven’t had alcohol for about a month (when my sister was here) and for 2 months prior to that, but this morning when I woke up, I felt hung over. My head hurt, my body ached, I couldn’t think straight and felt very discombobulated.

I got up with Harley at 5.20am and lay on the couch in the family room. I couldn’t even make my usual tea and toast for breakfast.

At 7.30am I felt well enough to make bacon and eggs for Adoring Husband and BGWLBH and I sat at the table with them eating a mango.

Then I returned to bed where I slept until I heard Harley barking which was about an hour. He had, apparently, been behaving like a crazy creature getting into all sorts of mischief and upsetting the household.

I put my swimmers on and took him into the pool area. He chose to swim in the pool with me but was trying to bite my face and attacked me when I touched him - not in an angry way but like he had no control over his mind. It was a bit freaky!

I got out of the pool and played fetch very briefly with him before he fell asleep at my feet.

I was feeling peckish so I made myself some breakfast but only ate half of it.

My head hurt and I was still feeling very lethargic so I sat in front of the TV with AH and we watched an old Aussie movie called ‘The Black Balloon’ which I quite enjoyed - a bit intense - but it had a light ending. It starred Toni Collette.

BGWLBH spent a lot of time in the art space but I wasn’t the slightest bit motivated so I remained in the lounge room getting up every so often to check on Harley who stayed outside for most of the afternoon and didn’t get into too much trouble.

Dinner tonight was wild caught barramundi with coleslaw, boiled potatoes in their jacket and a tomato/onion/avocado/pear/lettuce salsa.

We played some trivia after dinner which was nice.

Now it’s almost 10pm and my head is hurting again. Time for some water and sleep.








Nite all.

PS Happy New Year!

No comments: