Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Got Arty

"Growing up my mother would let me put on anything I wanted to wear and dance around the house. And I still believe in that. I made this hat from toilet paper rolls."

I wish I was brave enough to be like that woman 🫤

I almost drowned today.

Harley wanted me out of the pool no matter what! He out swam me (and I am a strong swimmer) and attempted to put his mouth around every and any part of my body to get me out. He caught me at the deep end in the middle of the pool and tried to grab me causing me to go under and it didn’t matter which direction I moved, he was onto me.

Far out! I had to physically shove him away from me to give myself a few seconds to reach the edge of the pool. He would not let up!

He was even putting his whole head under the water in order to grab my wrist.

I kept pushing him toward the steps but he just turned right around with that crazed look in his eyes and kept coming for me.

We fought for a good 20 minutes before he finally gave up, exhausted.

Crazy freaking dog.

I finished my umbrella art today …

A couple of swims, some games of fetch and tug of war, some training, an afternoon walk and some discipline and by 8pm Harley was begging to go to bed. He stepped through his crate door and plonked himself flat out on the floor falling asleep almost instantly.

I crumbed some chicken for dinner tonight and served it with boiled potatoes in their jackets, coleslaw and beetroot.

We played trivia and finished last nights game. Adoring Husband was winning and I came up from behind and pipped him at the post! Then we started another game with the ‘baby boomer’ questions.

Some of those questions were before our time but we’re giving it a good crack.

Looking forward to coffee with the girls tomorrow and starting some new art in the afternoon.





Nite all.

No comments: