Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Completed

My vision board is complete.

It now takes pride of place on my bedroom wall.

The first half of today was an excellent Harley day, but at some point around 2pm, he started to go loopy and out of control for about 4 hours.

Ugh 😩 

Adoring Husband dropped a tree stump onto his foot today and did quite a bit of damage. At first we thought it might be broken but now we think it’s soft tissue damage.

We did the cold compress every 15 minutes for three hours and kept the foot elevated. The swelling has reduced and the bruising is coming out but he is in a lot of pain.

BGWLBH played nurse because she’s a nurturer. I supported her.

During the three hours of cold compressing we played trivia and she defeated me 3-0. I was terrible.

I took Harley for a swim today and he swam a few full laps and also sat in my arms for about ten minutes!

For dinner I did crispy skinned chicken and made a chilli mulberry sauce to go with it.

Bloody delicious!

I served it with broccoli, carrots, zucchini and a combined sweet potato and potato mash mixed with spinach, onion and diced tomatoes.

AH asked for seconds.

I am falling asleep as I type so I’d best get some sleep!


Harley on toilet cleaning duties with BGWLBH. Very helpful. Not.

Nite all.

No comments: