Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Got the Boot

Well Adoring Husband’s foot was looking pretty nasty this morning so he drove himself to Hervey Bay Hospital. It’s his left foot that’s injured which is not required for driving. 

He was issued with instructions to not let them vaccinate him and to refuse any RAT or PCR tests.

As it turned out, they didn’t even ask if he was vaccinated and even though he was the only person not wearing a mask, they did not question him.

It only took three hours from when he left here to when he returned home and he even stopped at the drive through coffee place on the way home.

At the hospital they x-rayed his foot and fitted him with a moon boot. No fracture.

To top off such a surprisingly easy morning, at the coffee drive through,  he was told that the person in the car before him had paid for his coffee! How nice was that!?

It has been a good Harley day. The only hiccup was when BGWLBH and I drove out to Farm Gate this afternoon, AH left Harley’s treats on the little table so Harley stole them and we found the empty bag outside. Cheeky bugger.

He had a swim this afternoon and we played fetch a few times. He played with his toys by himself in the yard and he slept at my feet when we played trivia. He can now jump on the furniture under the Bali hut AND in the family room. He’s a growing boy.

In two days we ate almost all of the Farm Gate produce that we bought on Friday so we returned today and stocked up on more tomatoes, cucumber, watermelon, plums, garlic, green apples, eggs, ginger beer and mulberry jam (delicious in my chilli sauces and marinades!).

We stopped at the supermarket on the way home to grab some extras.

BGWLBH got very arty today and produced some nice work while I spent time in YouTube searching for ideas for me. No luck.

Tonight was roast chicken night with roast potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, onion and steamed broccoli and beans topped with home made gravy. It was delicious.

It’s already 9.30pm and I’m feeling weary.




Nite all.

No comments: