Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Mini Road Trip

We drove to Dallarnil this morning.

Our cargo was 10 x frozen vegan soup and 6 x vegan ragout plus 2 x containers of fruit salad and a jar of fresh green juice.

It was lovely to see The Gypsy but my goodness she is looking weak and frail. I hope my offerings help to build her strength because it was all made with love and good energy.

We didn’t stay long because she doesn’t have the strength and stamina to manage long visits, so after about 20 minutes, we hugged our goodbyes and were back on the road.

We stopped at Childers to check out the shoe shop (no luck for me), the cheap discount shop where we got some art and craft goodies, the dress shop (no luck again), one of the op shops, the PO gift store and we stopped for drinks and lemon meringue pie at a cafe.

As we drove through Howard, we decided to stop at the new rural produce place and discovered chook poo! We’ve been searching high and low for chook poo, so this was an exciting find for us.

Instead of driving directly home, we stopped to check the mail and pick up our weekly butcher order and were home by 12.30pm.

I prepped an easy lunch for we girls (AH had already eaten) and then played with Harley for a while.

Spent an hour in front of the TV.

Played some more with Harley until he dropped his toy and walked over to the pool fence where he sat and looked at me. I opened the gate and he went straight into the water and swam a couple of laps, got out, shook himself off, picked up his toy and brought it to me to continue our game! 

He’s so clever.

I cooked curried chicken for AH and BGWLBH. I wasn’t hungry for dinner.

It’s now 9.30pm and I’m struggling to keep my eyes open so …


Nite all.

No comments: