Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Vegan Cookery

Not much happened yesterday.

Nothing to write home about.

Nothing to blog post about.

This morning was coffee with the girls at the Lions Park and there were nine of us squeezed around the table!

I rode the trike with Harley in the back …

He was very good at the park and only got fidgety in the last 20 minutes. He received lots of cuddles from the girls which made him happy AND the girls happy.

We arrived home at about 11am and then drove to the supermarket for some supplies so that I could make some vegan meals for The Gypsy who, after major surgery with complications, is on a slow road to recovery. Now that her partner is back at work, we thought it would be helpful to make some meals.

I’ve made an anti-inflammatory vegetable soup with turmeric and a Vegan Tuscan Butter Bean Ragout. There are two weeks worth of meals if it’s just The Gypsy eating them. 

We’ll drive out to Dallarnil tomorrow morning and drop them off to her. She is still too sick and very weak to be entertaining visitors so we’ll stay long enough for a hug and a 5 minute conversation.

I made spaghetti bolognese for our dinner tonight, which was delicious. 

Now it’s after 10pm and I’m exhausted.






Nite all.

No comments: