Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Drizzling

It has been a wet day with drizzling rain.

Aside from cleaning up all the messes that both Adoring Husband and Harley have made today, I spent some time in the art space - not doing art - but enjoying the space.

I have a Sports Bet account which I use once every couple of years - every second Melbourne Cup, if that - last year in November I put $50 in the account so that I could bet on the cup but didn’t spend it all so today I decided to watch the live racing and make some quinella bets at $2 a pop.

My first one came in and I won $20! Wahoo!

Then I proceeded to lose all of my money.

I put $2 each way on a horse called ‘Harley Fat Boy’ that was paying $126 for the win.

It didn’t win.

I had fun losing the $24 that I started with.

After I lost my money, I watched the World Championship Figure Skating on ice (couples) which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I cooked bangers, salad and fried rice for dinner.

Harley was a bit naughty today - no swimming in the pool on cool rainy days and too drizzly to play outside so I think he was a touch bored.

It’s Number One son’s birthday tomorrow (15th) so HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU! 🥳🎁🎈

I can’t believe how tired I feel and it’s not even 8.30pm! I had a restless sleep last night because Harley kept rolling over against the walls of his sleeping pen and banging against the door. I woke at least 5 times.

Hopefully I can sleep soundly tonight.





Nite all.


No comments: