Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 13, 2023

Silence

BGWLBH drove Adoring Husband into The Bay today so that he could attend a Drs appointment and run some errands.

It was a long day, especially because the doctor was running 90 minutes overtime with his appointments.

He did purchase a new desk chair for me (which I still have to put together) so I’m excited about that!

AH has an infection in his foot which has a crush injury and he has to wear the moon boot for 6 weeks and is now on a course of antibiotics. I swear that man is going to be the death of me.

However …

I got to spend over 3 hours alone and in silence. It’s the first time in almost 8 months that I’ve been alone at home so I turned off the TV and set aside my devices and simply sat there. It was quiet and peaceful and meditative and lovely.

Harley was asleep or playing in the back yard for most of that time but we did spend about 20 minutes playing together.

I cooked some cheese and bacon muffins and served them with salad for their lunch when they arrived home.

Tonight we watched the Djokovic vs Kyrgios exhibition match which I enjoyed very much and I can’t wait for the Australian Open to start on Monday!

For now, it’s 9pm and I’m ready to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: