Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 9, 2023

Toy Boy

BGWLBH and I drove into The Bay early this morning.

While we were out, I purchased a couple of new toys for Harley. He really only liked one of them, a rope tugging toy. The other two make weird noises that he doesn’t like - which is strange because he loves all of his other noisy toys, but these sounds are a bit louder and he doesn’t get to control the noise. They make random noise depending on how you throw them or roll them, where his fave toys need to be squeezed to get the sound.

He was not so good for Adoring Husband today, knocking over a plant cover which had a dish of egg shells drying in the sun. He squished them into the grass and made a big fat mess on the lawn.

He can now jump on the family room furniture and AH found him sleeping on the couch …

AH’s foot is still very sore but he’s doing ok.

I had an afternoon nap on the couch and cooked some pork ribs that I’d been marinating for two days in home made mulberry chilli. Served with fresh coleslaw, leftover roast veg and a garden salad.

We played trivia.

I watched ‘The Bachelors’ … interesting.

Time to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: