Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Early Rise

Harley decided that 4.45am was a good time to wake up this morning.

Luckily I had gone to sleep at 9pm, but I was up twice during the night for my own bathroom needs, so I wasn’t too impressed with this early start.

He’s had a bit of a restless day and couldn’t settle while we were at the park this morning.

He’d had an early morning swim and a game of fetch and when we arrived at the park, I took him for a walk along the path hoping that would tire him out.

No such luck.

We came home and he went for another swim, then slept for about 90 minutes.

All of us took turns trying to amuse him during the afternoon and I brought out the giant stuffed dog, a Tupperware Shape o Ball and an old plastic duck watering can.


He humped the stuffed dog, played soccer with the Tupperware ball and chewed the ducks beak almost completely off.

Tonight while we played trivia, I gave him the duck and he very noisily played soccer with it all through the house! Then he would pick it up by the handle and trot back the mat inside the back door to start the process all over again.

It was hilarious to watch and he was having such a good time with his tail wagging happily as he played.

Adoring Husband got cranky because Harley was too noisy but BGWLBH and I were almost wetting our pants laughing so hard.

Anyway, after an earlier than usual start, I am very tired and we are hoping to go in to The Bay tomorrow so I’d best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: