Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Spend Up

BGWLBH and I drove into The Bay early this morning and enjoyed breakfast outdoors at Bean Beat cafe.

First stop after breakfast was Office Works where I had a $200 voucher to spend.

My selections were: 

  • a good quality mechanical pencil with some extra HB and 2B leads
  • a couple of cheaper mechanical pencils with added erasers
  • two folders with plastic inserts to store my smaller art pieces
  • two lovely boxes to store photos
  • 3 different sized white Posca pens
  • 3 x paint brushes
  • a ‘goals’ journal
  • a lemon coloured pen with a gold letter ‘R’
  • some metallic heart stickers
  • some white acrylic paint
  • a single hole punch
  • a gift
  • and a couple of other bits and bobs.

I wasn’t even adding up as I selected my items but when I got to the checkout, the total was $197.20! So I still have $2.80 left to spend haha.

It took us 1 hour and 20 minutes and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

From there we drove to Tinkerbell’s where I had a $300 voucher to spend! It took me an hour to select two rings - one labradorite and one natural peridot - and two essential oils (lavender and clove bud).

I eyed off a beautiful bracelet with a beautiful price tag which I’m still considering and MAY put on layby for my birthday.

We then went to Stocklands to be disappointed that our fruit and vegetable kiosk has not returned from Christmas break yet. I can’t remember the return date that they had on their sign so we’ll go to Farm Gate tomorrow afternoon to see what we can pick up.

So we shopped at Coles, the bakery, the chemist, Jeans West and Su Jus cafe.

We had to pick up some TP for Adoring Husband’s work requirements.

Oh and we did our lotto tickets while we were on the Esplanade too.

It was a busy and full day that wore us out.

Harley was very happy to see us return - apparently he barked and howled and got a bit frantic when I first left, which is a worry.

It was fun unpacking all of our purchases when we arrived home and we got to play for a little bit. I put my art in the new folders, tested out my new pen and found homes for all of my goodies. 

I played with Harley for a while and then prepared some salads while AH cooked our snags on the barbecue.

We played trivia and BGWLBH won the game that we’d started last night.

I brought Harley to bed a little earlier than usual because he didn’t have a ‘witching hour’ and seemed to be getting a little excitable at 7.30pm. He settled quickly thank goodness.

It felt like a lot more but the storms only provided 14mm of rain for us last night. It rained for a long time but it was obviously very light.

Now it’s time to sleep. This is how Harley sleeps on the kitchen floor while I cook. He’s getting big!

Nite all.

No comments: