Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Glorious Food

It’s been a pretty full day.

Coffee at the park was canned again, which was fortuitous for me because I had a lot to do in preparation for Best Cousin in the World’s visit.

The plumber was supposed to arrive at 10am to unblock our kitchen sink and I had a lot of food preparation planned so I started early.

I made 16 devilled eggs before going to the supermarket to purchase all the goodies for grazing platters and some chicken wings from the butcher.

BGWLBH left for a day in The Bay with the intention of giving us time alone with our visitors.

It was 9.30am so I gathered all the food and some utensils and chopping boards and took it all out to the pool kitchen to prepare the platters. 

I wish I’d taken photos because there was a lot of food.

I cooked the chicken wings. Some with honey and some without.

I made avocado dip, celery/carrot/cucumber sticks to put with sun dried tomatoes, pickled artichoke, pickled onions, salami, cabanossi, prosciutto, 3 x cheeses, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, rockmelon, watermelon, kiwi fruit, plums, hommus, chicken wings, deviled eggs, rice crisps, corn crisps and Sakata crackers.

The plumber arrived almost two hours late and BCITW arrived about 15 minutes later so we adjourned to the pool area so that the plumbers could do their job without disturbing us.

When Harley saw BCITW he was beside himself with happiness! His tail almost wagged right off his butt and it took him a good 10 minutes to calm down. He definitely remembered her and it was quite a heart warming reunion.

Our visitors stayed for a brief two and a half hours and it was great to catch up with them because we don’t see each other often enough.

We cleaned up after they left and BGWLBH arrived home 45 minutes later.

I cooked bangers and mash for dinner.

I had lots of play time with Harley today and he’s exhausted … as am I.

We have a pineapple growing (finally) in one of our pots …

That’s exciting!

Now it’s time to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: