Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Another Day

Harley Barley woke me a bit too early this morning, so I took him outside to do his business and then brought him back to bed for an extra 40 minutes.

I made bacon and eggs for everybody and took Harley to the pool area to play fetch and swim for about an hour.

Then it was my turn to play. BGWLBH and I spent quite some time in the art space today.

I can’t finish my dragonfly because I’ve run out of a couple of the paints that I need, so I started another painting. See if you can figure out what it is …

If it turns out as I hope it will, it’ll be a gift for my son in law who is a connoisseur of skulls. If it doesn’t turn out as I hope, then I’ll just paint over it!

I watched the movie “Mean Girls” and it reminded me of some people I know.

We watched three of the preseason NRL games. Go Broncos!

I made a chicken dish for dinner with a sauce made of cream, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, thyme and chilli. It was delicious.

Harley spent the hours between 4pm - 8pm being totally hyperactive in the back yard! 

Adoring Husband discovered that his work lawn mower is broken 😠 

BGWLBH did some amazing art which I can’t share til I get her permission.

Now it’s time to sleep. Looking forward to doing more art tomorrow.





Nite all.

No comments: