Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 18, 2023

Another Friday

I was so tired today.

Sleep didn’t come to me until after 1.30am, I got up twice during the night to pee and Harley woke me at 6am.

This morning, I cooked breakfast, took Harley out to play, cleaned all the leaves and pebbles off the bottom of the pool. The soursop tree is dropping its leaves and Harley keeps skidding on the pebbles and spraying them into the pool.

I cleared the leaves out of the creepy crawly and also out of the skimmer box.

I batched the chicken broth from the slow cooker and made a new batch to cook overnight.

Finally I made my own breakfast - prawn sandwich and cup of tea - then sat down in front of the telly to catch up on The Traitors.

Adoring Husband drove out to Howard to pick up Harley’s new outdoor crate/cage/bed and then spent the afternoon assembling it. He still hasn’t finished. It’s huge!

I attempted to nap on the couch but between AH’s drilling and banging and Harley barking at him or jumping on me, I didn’t stand a chance.

This pen will only be used if we all go out at the same time. It will keep him from digging holes in the garden, barking with Armstrong at the fence and generally getting into mischief. The longest that he’s been home alone is 45 minutes and he was very good but he’s a big strong silly puppy and we’ll feel better knowing that he’s safe and secure in this pen.

My footy tipping is going well so far this weekend. I got the first two games and the Eels vs Roosters is going my way so far, but the game still has 18 minutes remaining.

I did some more to yesterdays art.

It’s only 9.30pm but I am feeling very weary. I’ll probably fall asleep before this game is even finished.









Nite all.

No comments: