Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Arty Farty

Saturday was a great day of art and everybody enjoyed catching up and being creative together.

There was good food, tasty cold beverages, lots of laughter, pass the parcel with a gift for everyone, a birthday cake with candles, balloons and creativity aplenty!

I made vanilla cupcakes with butter icing and topped with blackberries and also a pavlova smothered in vanilla cream, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and passionfruit.

We had a cob loaf filled with a cheesy spinach dip, lamingtons from Childers Bakery, zucchini fritters with spicy dipping sauce, a lemon cake, mixed lollies, crackers with dip and pate, cauliflower chips and potato crisps.

We had red wine, Riccadonna, Prosecco, Sav Blanc, Gin, American Lager, Pear Cider and yellowtail.

For art, there was water colours, acrylic balloon kissing, black ink doodling and neurographic art. Everybody became very focussed and meditative for a while and they created beautiful work but I forgot to take photos!

It was four hours of fun and frivolity after which I felt like I’d run a marathon! I was too exhausted to cook dinner so we ordered fish and chips from the local cafe. I put my feet up and lay back on my chair while watching the football.

Which reminds me! I scored another perfect round in the footy tipping! Wahoo! In the last 6 weeks I’ve moved from last place to second place. Very happy with that.

I thought I would need today as a recovery day but I felt pretty good this morning and after cooking breakfast and playing with Harley, I came inside and cleaned out the fridge, made a zucchini slice for lunch and then put a chicken casserole in the slow cooker so that I wouldn’t miss the football this afternoon.

THEN I was able to put my feet up for the afternoon. I watched a movie on Netflix called “Heart of Stone” with Gal Gadot. She is one of my favourite actors and I think she’s gorgeous.

It’s now almost midnight so it’s time to sleep for me.








Nite all.

No comments: