Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

My Perfect Day

The evidence is overwhelming. No more indemnity for Big Pharma.


Meditation this morning was perfect. There were ten people in attendance, which is fantastic for the first week and there were five people who sent their apologies and will attend next week.

After meditation, we moved into Hoop Chi.

Either holding on to or standing in a hula hoop flowing through a series of coordinated moves, to music, which stretch every part of the body. It was quite fun and at the end of an hour, I was feeling every muscle and every joint in my body.

There were tingles all over as my body woke up and thanked me for moving and stretching in all the right ways for the first time in years.

It’s a gentle, easy exercise that helps with coordination and stretches all parts of your body, especially the parts that are often forgotten and it teaches which parts of the body are connected to your internal organs and what you can do to stimulate organs that might be struggling.

I love hoop chi!

After hoop chi, I sat outside with The Gypsy for two hours catching up on all our news. There was a LOT to catch up.

From there I rode over to the shops and spent money in the Butcher and the Supermarket. I ran into a few people I knew and stopped for more chats.

It was almost 1.30pm by the time I arrived home.

Pedalling my trike with about 5kgs of groceries in the basket into a head wind was hard going that’s for sure!

I unpacked the groceries, put the chook into the oven, took Harley out to the pool area for 20 minutes of play time and then collapsed on the couch to rest my weary body.

Later, I added potatoes and pumpkin to the oven tray. Later still, I added brussels sprouts which I charred and then added balsamic vinegar and salt.

I steamed some beans and made a home made gravy before serving to my house mates.

BGWLBH had brought home from The Bay, 3 slices of lemon passionfruit cheese cake, so we all pigged out on them about an hour after our early dinner.

I can’t believe it’s 11pm. Time for me to sleep!








Nite all.

No comments: