Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 8, 2024

Bay Day Date

To love someone long-term is to attend a thousand funerals of the people they used to be.

The people they're too exhausted to be any longer. The people they grew out of, the people they never ended up growing into. We so badly want the people we love to get their spark back when it burns out, to become speedily found when they are lost.

But it is not our job to hold anyone accountable to the people they used to be. It is our job to travel with them between each version and to honour what emerges along the way. Sometimes it will be an even more luminescent flame. Sometimes it will be a flicker that temporarily floods the room with a perfect and necessary darkness.

 - - Heidi  Priebe

I had a decent day in The Bay with Adoring Husband.

We drove in early and our fist stop was the artisan bakery where I purchased some house sourdough. The last three times we went there, I enquired about their GF pies and was told there were none available, but today I had success and selected chunky beef pies which were heated in their special oven.

AH and I then drove to the esplanade where we got some coffee and found a seat overlooking the water where we enjoyed the view, as well as the pies. I wasn’t a fan of the coffee so mine got tossed.

The only reason we moved from that spot was because the heavens opened up!

So I trotted across the road to Luxe (art on one side of the shop and quality lady’s clothing on the other). AH generously paid for the white top that I selected from the sales rack. Even from the sales rack, it was still pretty pricy and I was a touch hesitant, but I’m happy to have it hanging in my wardrobe now!

We still had some time to kill before our appointment with the financial advisor so we stopped at Pialba where I used my customer card to get a free green juice.

AH wanted a couple of t-shirts from Rivers so we popped in there to spend some more money.

In the little craft store, I found a hand made little girls dress with Bluey on the material. Little Hazey loves Bluey so I’ve been searching for exactly what I found today. Very happy. 

We attended our appointment which was an hour long and informative.

After that, we did a grocery shop and a butcher stop before heading home.

It was a pretty big day and I’m feeling weary now. Tomorrow is meditation and qigong so I’d best get some sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: